Daily 7:30am - 10pm
818 Main Street
Chico, California 95928
It's YOUR Co-op! Get involved!
Attend Board of Directors Meetings
All monthly BOD meetings are open to the public. The board discusses ongoing projects, the state of the store, finances, goal building, and the Co-ops future. Each meeting begins with time allocated to hearing concerns from the public. For upcoming meetings, please check our calendar.
Join the Working Owner Program
Working Owners are CNFC owners who volunteer their time in the store. Volunteer hours gets you 5% off all your purchases for a month and 10 hours gets you 10%! Types of involvement include:
Requirements for the Working Owner Program:
- You must be a current CNFC Owner in good standing.
- Your application must be approved by the Working Owner Program Coordinator.
Expectations of Working Owners
- To be willing to attend to the needs of your fellow owners. A cooperative organization depends upon people helping people.
- To ask questions when in doubt (to avoid errors and misinformation).
- To provide a positive, helpful attitude to customers.
- To follow Co-op rules, including parking restrictions.
- To be on-time for scheduled shifts or to notify the Working Owner Program Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make your shift.
- To present a neat and clean appearance and to wear closed-toe shoes.
- To work safely, carefully, and follow task instructions.
- To take direction from CNFC staff.
- To record your hours with the Working Owner Program Coordinator.
What You Can Expect of the Co-op
- To receive a discount for all hours worked
- 3 hrs = 5% off for 1 month
- To be provided with adequate training for the work you are to do.
- To respond to all your inquires in a timely fashion.
- To be treated respectfully as a co-worker.
To apply for the Working Owner Program ask any cashier to take down your contact information, or contact our Working Owner Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.