Daily 7:30am - 10pm
818 Main Street
Chico, California 95928
It's YOUR Co-op! Get involved!
Attend Board of Directors Meetings
All monthly BOD meetings are open to the public. The board discusses ongoing projects, the state of the store, finances, goal building, and the Co-ops future. Each meeting begins with time allocated to hearing concerns from the public. For upcoming meetings, please check our calendar.
Join the Working Member Program
Working Members are CNFC Member-Owners who volunteer their time in the store. 5 volunteer hours gets you 5% off all your purchases for a month and 10 hours gets you 10%! Types of involvement include:
Types of Projects
- Working at Special Events
- Writing for the Newsletter and Website
- Participating in a Committee
- Helping plan projects and outreach events such as the Annual Member Dinner, CNFC Potluck, Strategy Team, and BOD committees.
You can also create your own project! Do you have an idea you think the Working Member Program can utilize? Do you have special skills or talents that would help the Co-op? Collaborate with the Working Member Coordinator to create your project!
Requirements for the WMP:
- You must be a current CNFC Member-Owner in good standing.
- Your application must be approved by the Working Member Program Coordinator.
Expectations of Working Members
- To be willing to attend to the needs of your fellow members. A cooperative organization depends upon people helping people.
- To ask questions when in doubt (to avoid errors and misinformation).
- To provide a positive, helpful attitude to customers.
- To follow Co-op rules, including parking restrictions.
- To be on-time for scheduled shifts or to notify the Working Member Program Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make your shift.
- To present a neat and clean appearance and to wear closed-toe shoes , designated apron, and badge.
- To work safely, carefully, and follow task instructions.
- To take direction from CNFC staff.
- To record your hours with the Working Member Program Coordinator.
What You Can Expect of the Co-op
- To receive a discount for all hours worked
- 5 hrs = 5% off/month; 10 hrs = 10% off/month
- To be provided with adequate training for the work you are to do.
- To respond to all your inquires in a timely fashion.
- To be treated respectfully as a co-worker.
To apply for the Working Member Program pick up an application at any register in the Co-op. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
March 27th - Bulk Reset! We're doing a big re-arrangement in our Bulk Dept. Overnight, we need some help moving out old bins, cleaning under them, and setting new bins and grocery shelving. This is a really exciting project for us, but is pretty work intensive. We'll be working from 9pm until 5:30am. Any help we can get in that time frame would be great! Ron, our grocery manager, promises pizza, ice cream, and music!
March 31st - Inventory It's that time of the year again. We need two people to help with inventory in Grocery, both starting at 11:45am. Wellness also needs two people at 5pm. If anyone is willing, Produce could use one person at 3am!!! Pizza and drinks on the house!
April 4th, All Store Cleaning! Once a year, the Co-op embarks upon a mass cleaning spree. At 6pm, staff and friends will dust, sweep, wipe, spray, shine, buff, etc, etc... Just like inventory, we'll provide pizza and drinks, plus the kitchen is going to whip up an awesome salad!
April 16, Table at EcoFest! We will be at Chico State on April 16th to hand out Co-op info and free samples. This is a longer event, from 11am-5pm, but can be worked in shorter shifts.
April 29, Table at Chico Green School! More info coming...
April 30, Table at Growing Healthy Children's Annual Walk/Run. More info coming...